Dr Rebekah Shallcross
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Gender; Violence; Mental Health; Psychological Interventions; Health Services Research
- Email: R.Shallcross@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0963
- Location: Baines Wing
- Website: Mamafeminologist | Mamafeminologist | Twitter | LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
Rebekah is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow and co-applicant on the national NIHR funded MiMOSA study, based at the University of Leeds. She is an HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist and has worked in a variety of NHS settings across the North West of England, most recently working therapeutically with women at the Mother and Baby Unit in Manchester.
Rebekah started her research career examining medication use in pregnancy and later child development for her PhD at the University of Liverpool in 2008. She has since worked as a post-doc on two NIHR funded studies: The ESMI study (Kings College London and The University of Manchester) which examined the effectiveness of mental health services for mothers in the perinatal period; and the REPROVIDE study (The University of Bristol) which examined the effectiveness of a new domestic violence service.
Her current research interests include how gender and violence impact upon mental health, as well as how services can effectively meet those mental health needs .
- BSc Psychology
- HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist
Research groups and institutes
- Mental health (Healthcare)