Dr Angela Hewett
- Position: Midwifery Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: midwifery; health professional education; simulation; obstetric emergencies; critical events; enhanced maternal care; infant nutrition.
- Email: A.Hewett@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1356
- Location: 3.10 Baines Wing
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | ORCID | White Rose
I worked as a clinical nurse in the field of cardiothoracic surgery before becoming a midwife. My focus was in normalising childbirth and the promotion and support of best practice in relation to infant nutrition.
As an experienced midwife, I moved into higher education at the University of Leeds as a Lecturer/Practitioner in 2005. I became a Lecturer in Midwifery in 2006 and have a special interest in the development of a practice that has a robust evidence base, delivered in an innovative, progressive manner in resource-constrained contemporary practice.
- Academic Unit Director
- Programme Leader
I was awarded by PhD in 2016.
My research interest is focussed on juxtaposing theoretical and professional perspectives relating to professional clinical skills and simulation-based training and education.
- Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education
- Masters in Midwifery
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
I am the Programme Lead for the BSc (Hons) Midwifery Pre-registration Programme.
I presently teach module HECS 3259 'Becoming a Midwife' with a focus on professional and regulatory responsibilities and clinical decision making.
I act as academic supervisor for undergraduate and postgraduate research dissertations and EdD and PhD students.
Research groups and institutes
- Maternal, child and family health