- Start date: 14 November 2019 13.30
- End date: 14 November 2019 16.30
- Duration: 3 hours
- Fees: Free
- Venue: University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Worsley Building, Level 8, 8.11H
enquire book now
This workshop focuses on the theories and practice of producing written exam questions in the MCQ/EMQ format. Suitable for those wishing to write questions for any year of the MBChB.
By the end of this session participants will be better able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the format of EMQ / Single Best Answer questions and features of good questions
- Write EMQ or/and Single Best Answer questions
- Review of an EMQ or/and Single Best Answer question
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
This course is part of an assessment series, of interest to those who wish to get involved with examining and question setting in undergraduate medical education, including MSc Physicians Associate
Dr Rob Lane, Leeds Institute of Medical Education; Dr Jon Cooper Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
This workshop has been accredited for 3 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians
This workshop is developed and run by the Leeds Institute of Medical Education at the University of Leeds and can be used to evidence the following areas for GMC accreditation: Enhancing Learning Through Assessment.
This workshop can be used to evidence the following areas for The Academy of Medical Educators. Core: Educational Scholarship. Domain: Assessment and Feedback to Learners, Educational Research and Evidence-based Practice.