- Start date: 19 March 2020 13.00-16.00
- End date: 19 March 2020 13.00-16.00
- Duration: 3 hours
- Fees: Free
- Venue: University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Worsley Building, Level 7, MTC Lecture Theatre
enquire book now
This workshop introduces participants to Large Group Teaching. It will focus on presentation skills and use of technology/materials when delivering to large groups.
This workshop shall be held in a large lecture theatre and participants shall deliver a short 5-10 minute micro-teaching session.
Limited to eight participants per workshop.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Use lecturing to maximize learning
- Plan and structure an effective presentation for maximum impact
- Use a variety of activities and technologies to increase effectiveness of learning
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students
Dr Cait Dennis Leeds Institute of Medical Education
This workshop has been accredited for 3 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians
This workshop is developed and run by the Leeds Institute of Medical Education at the University of Leeds and can be used to evidence the following areas for GMC accreditation: Teaching and Facilitating Learning.
This workshop can be used to evidence the following areas for The Academy of Medical Educators. Core: Educational Scholarships. Domain: Designing and Planning of Learning Activities, Teaching and Supporting Learners.