- Start date: July 10th
- End date: July 10th
- Duration: one day
- Fees: This course is free
- Venue: Thestudio
Are you wanting to understand the basic concepts around health economics? Are you looking to progress your medical technology but want to know what role health economics might play?
This training course aims to raise awareness of the role of health economics in the development of new technologies, and to help researchers understand how health economics can be used at all stages of the innovation pathway. It will also offer opportunities to gain insights into technology development through activities and discussion.
This training course will cover:
- The basic principles of health economics
- The use of health economics in the development of technologies
- How health economics feeds into the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) framework
By the end of the day you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the role of health economics in the development of new health related technologies
- Use health economics in order to promote more efficient innovation
The workshop will be delivered by the Academic Unit of Health Economics at the University of Leeds.
Spaces are limited and registration is essential.
Open to staff and postgraduate research students at Translate partner universities only (Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, and York).
thestudio, Riverside West, Whitehall Road East, Leeds LS1 4AW