I joined the University of Leeds as a Research Fellow in November of 2018.
I obtained my PhD from The University of Manchester in 2018, inviestigating the impact of dietary plant extracellular vesicles on the human placenta under the supervision of Professor Melissa Westwood and Dr Karen Forbes. Prior to this, I obtained an MRes (Distinction) in Maternal and Fetal Health and a BSc (Hons) First Class in Biomedical sciences, both from The University of Manchester.
My research is focused on extracellular vesicles and their cargo (e.g. microRNA), nutrition and placental dysfuction. Currently, I am focusing on the interaction between maternal extracellular vesicles and the placenta in pregnancies complicated by maternal diabetes as part of an MRC funded project led by Dr Karen Forbes.
- 2012 - BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences (First Class), The University of Manchester
- 2013 - MRes Maternal and Fetal Health (Distinction), The University of Manchester
- 2018 - PhD Reproductive Biology, The University of Manchester
- Society of Endocrinology
- UK Extracellular Vesicles Society
- International Society of Extracellular Vesicles
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Discovery and Translational Science