Developing Your Teaching - Peer Observation
- Start date: 14 January 2022 10.00; 25 January 2022 10.00; 10 February 2022 12.00
- End date: 14 January 2022 3.00; 25 January 2022 13.00; 10 February 2022 15.00
- Duration: 3 hours - only need to attend one session.
- Fees: Free
- Venue: Online
enquire book now
This workshop has an interactive, participant led focus. Participants are encouraged to deliver a short teaching session (5-10 minutes) each and then work together to explore areas of good practice that can be transferred to their own teaching.
The workshop will cover the theory, policy and practice of peer observation and the tricky issue of feedback. The workshop will propose ways in which peer lead learning initiatives can be implemented in different environments.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Identify areas of own practice to improve
- Develop skills of listening, observing, giving and receiving practice
- Consider local and national requirements
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
Dr Cait Dennis, University of Leeds Medical Education