- Start date: 8 November 2019 13.30
- End date: 8 November 2019 16.30
- Duration: 3 hours
- Fees: Free
- Venue: University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Worsley Building, Level 8, 8.11A
enquire book now
This workshop introduces participants to a new role within healthcare – the Physicians Associate. It will focus on the University of Leeds course, and teaching to support the learning.
By the end of the workshops participants will be able to:
- Have an awareness of the new Healthcare role and the delivery of a diploma to qualify individuals in this position
- Identify the common challenges that Physician Associate students may face during study and placements
- Discuss and list the conditions required for effective teaching of Physician Associate students
- Create appropriate teaching resources which compliments the curriculum and aids assessment
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students. It is of particular interest to those who teach within a PA placement or would like to offer PA placements
Dr Helen Millott Leeds Institute of Medical Education
This workshop has been accredited for 3 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians
This workshop is developed and run by Leeds Institute of Medical Education at The University of Leeds and can be used to evidence the following areas for GMC accreditation: Teaching and Facilitating Learning.
This workshop can be used to evidence to following areas for The Academy of Medical Educators. Core: Educational Scholarship. Domains: Designing and Planning of Learning Activities, Teaching and Supporting Learners.