Enhancing the student experience - Teaching in the Ward and Clinic
- Start date: 19 January 2022 12.00-13.00; 21 February 2022 10.00-11.00
- End date: See above for times.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Fees: Free
- Venue: Online
enquire book now
This workshop blended learning approach shall help and guide participants on how to develop and enhance teaching skills when working in a busy ward/clinic. Participant-led, it will provide an opportunity to share tips and ideas and to discuss barriers and challenges. The workshop session will advise delegates on how to manage teaching opportunities, innovate and provide feedback to provide an excellent student experience.
At the end of the workshop session, participants will be better able to:
· Optimise learning opportunities for students in different clinics
· Identify resources within ward clinic to innovate teaching
· Identify the correct level and pitch in order to focus teaching
· Support students in their transition to FY1 by teaching in different wards /clinics and guiding them in self-directed learning
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
Dr Cait Dennis University of Leeds Medical Education; Ms Aimee Charnell, Leeds Institute of Medical Education