- Position: Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow
- Email: R.M.Stevens@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 6.095 Worsley Building
I qualified from the University of Leeds in 1987 and have worked in a variety of practice environments, providing both NHS and Private dental treatment, as well as in an unscheduled dental care setting. Having completed the Faculty of General Dental Practice Restorative Diploma in 2012, I went on to undertake an MSc at the University of Leeds. The research component of this was looking at the use of antimicrobials in general dental practice for the treatment of gingivo-periodontal diseases.
I joined the university's teaching staff in 2014 and have been involved primarily in teaching in the outreach clinic in Bradford. With extensive experience of general dental practice and experience of a regulatory nature, I took over the leadership of the fifth year module aiming to prepare the students for the world of work.
In 2018 I was appointed Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow with responsibility for Outreach teaching. I am also currently the Academic Integrity Lead for Dentistry.
- Academic Lead for Outreach teaching
- Module Lead for Clinical Practice 4
- Academic Integrity Lead for Dentistry
- MSc in Clinical Dentistry (Restorative) with Distinction
- Diploma in Restorative Dentistry (FGDP RCS) , Awarded Densply Medal
- Diploma in Legal Medicine FFLM
- Fellow of the College of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
I am currently involved in clinical teaching, predominantly with 4th and 5th year dental students in an outreach setting, and oversee the provision of teaching in the University's four outreach clinics, as well as the year 4 Clinical Practice module..
I previously managed the 5th year personal and professional development module preparing students for life as a newly qualified dentist. This involved helping them prepare for their dental foundation interviews and life as a Dental Foundation Trainee. Teaching being aimed at giving undergraduates an understanding of the overall provision and regulation of dentistry, with a focus on primary care.
I have an interest in the teaching of ethics and professionalism and have been involved in the 'Ethics Theme Team'.