- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 6.061 Worsley
I have been a member of the dental team for over 35 years. In 1990, I trained as a Dental Hygienist at Leeds Dental School. In 2005, whilst working part time as a dental Hygienist, I achieved a 1st Class BSc (Hons) in Bio-Archaeology from the University of Bradford, and a Diploma in Professional Archaeology. I joined the Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy Programme (DH/DT) in 2008. In 2010, I completed a teaching qualification at the University of Leeds (ULTA-2 40 credits) and became a member of the Higher Education Academy (fellow). In 2011, I successfully completed a postgraduate certificate in Health Research achieving a merit. In 2014, I started a part time MA in Applied and Professional Ethics achieving a Merit grade (2016). I have recently become a NHS REC member. I am also a DREC member and a member of the Ethics theme team.
- Module lead for Applied Dental Hygiene & 2nd year DH/DT Research Module
- Personal tutor & Clinical tutor at LDI & Beeston
- DREC member, Ethics theme team member & NHS REC member
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- 1st Class Hons BSc in Bio-Archaeology & diploma in Professional Archaeological Studies
- Leeds teaching award ULTA2 & Higher Education Teaching Fellow
- Post Graduate Certificate in Health Research (Merit)
- MA in Applied & Professional Ethics (Merit)
- NHS REC member
- DREC member
- Ethics theme team
- GDC registrant
I am a personal tutor and module lead. My teaching duties involve presentations, coaching and assessing the clinical and interpersonal skills of dental hygiene and dental therapy students with patients on clinic. I teach skills necessary for lifelong learning, such as literature searching, and appraising the scientific health research literature. I have evaluated students' draft literature reviews and provided written formative feedback to enable students to weigh up evidence and address complex issues.
I have a keen interest in developing ethical dental professionals and have been involved with marking dental undergraduate ethics posters and have helped out on professionalism days.